SSD Installation instructions - MacBook Pro 13-Inch late 2016 and mid 2017
Failure to upgrade your MacBook Pro to the right OS before restoring from the Time Machine backup can cause lots of problems. Here's how to avoid that:
Once your MacBook Pro is turned on and is running on the Feather SSD, go to Apple Support, then search for the Operating System you were previously running (would be either Mojave or Catalina).
Once you find the right OS, you can download it to your MacBook Pro.
Once the download is complete, you can double-click the download and follow the on-screen prompts and it will upgrade your MacBook’s OS.
SSD installation instructions for late 2016 and Mid 2017 MacBookPro13,1 and MacBookPro14,1
STEP 1 - OPEN THE COMPUTER
- Turn your computer off and unplug the power cord.
- Clear a smooth, clean surface to lie your computer upside down.
- Using your red P1.2 screwdriver, unscrew the six screws from the back panel of your laptop, being careful to note which screws belong in which holes. Set each screw aside in order so you will not forget which holes they came from.
- Place the suction cup from your kit upside down on the middle back of the computer. Gently, (but with approximately 4lbs of force) pull straight up on the suction cup to pop and release the middle two clips underneath the panel. You will be able to hear it.
- Move the suction cup to one corner on the side of the back panel closest to the trackpad. Gently pull up on the suction cup and your wedge underneath the back panel and then push it toward the hinge end of the computer along the edge of the machine. Note: This process may take more force than expected. Repeat on the other corner and side.
STEP 2 - SWAP THE SSD
- Peel the black tape off the original SSD.
- Using your blue T5 screwdriver, unmount the two black screws on either side of the original SSD.
- Place the wedge on its side at the base of the original SSD, then slide the SSD toward you, and use the wedge to pry up the original SSD.
- Slide the Feather M17 in the socket and ensure it is inserted all the way.
- Put back the two black screws on either side of the SSD.
- Place black tape onto M17.
STEP 3 - CLOSE THE MAC
Place the panel back onto the bottom of the computer at an angle, focusing on the hinge end of the MacBook, aligning all hinge edges.
- Gently slide back cover toward the trackpad side of the computer, about ¼ inch from the hinge.
- Let the panel rest on the computer and slide it toward the hinge, catching hooks underneath on the middle right and left sides, and fitting into place. Everything should be perfectly aligned at this point, and almost appear as finished.
- Press down in the middle of the back cover, then on both the right and left sides, hearing all four clips pop back into place, securing the back panel to the computer.
- Put screws back.
STEP 4 - POWER ON MAC
Press Power and let the MacBook turn on normally.
- If your backup was originally running High Sierra, plug in your external backup and restore your data using Migration Assistant.
- If your backup was originally running on Mojave, Catalina or a newer OS, upgrade to that newer OS and then plug in your external backup and restore your data using Migration Assistant.
Battery installation video - MacBook Air 2008-2009
Battery Install for Early 2008 MacBook Air Early 2008 MacBook Air Battery Install for Late 2008, Mid 2009 MacBook Air Late 2008, Mid 2009 MacBook Air
SSD Installation instructions - MacBook Pro 13-inch Retina (Mid 2012 - Early 2013)
Step-by-step videos of how to install an SSD in the Apple MacBook Pro 13" Retina (Late 2012, Early 2013) with Model ID: MacBookPro10,2, and how to install an Apple SSD in an OWC Envoy Pro. Model ID: MacBookPro10,2 OWC SSD Install Video OWC Skill ...
SSD Installation instructions - MacBook Pro 15-inch Retina (Mid 2012 - Early 2013)
Step-by-step videos of how to install a new SSD in the Apple MacBook Pro 15" Retina (Mid 2012 - Early 2013) with Model ID: MacBookPro10,1, and how to install the original Apple SSD into an Envoy Pro enclosure. SSD Install Video OWC Skill Level: ...
SSD & RAM Installation Videos - MacBookPro 15-inch Late 2013 / Mid 2014 / Mid 2015
MacBook Pro 15" Retina New!Late 2013 / Mid 2014 / Mid 2015 Model ID: MacBookPro11,2; MacBookPro11,3; MacBookPro11,4; MacBookPro11,5 SSD install OWC Envoy Pro Enclosure Apple PCIe SSD/Flash Installation Step-by-step video of how to install an Apple ...
SSD & RAM Installation Videos - MacBookPro 13-inch Late 2013 / Mid 2014 / Mid 2015
MacBook Pro 13" Retina (Late 2013, Mid 2014, Early 2015) Model ID: MacBookPro11,1; MacBookPro12,1 SSD install OWC Envoy Pro Enclosure Apple PCIe SSD/Flash Installation Step-by-step video of how to install an Apple PCIe SSD into an OWC Envoy Pro ...