Fledging Shell - Thunder Installation Guide
1. Install your SSD (see below).
2. Plug in your Shell Thunder.
3. Format your drive using the formatting instructions on the next page.
4. Take flight!
Formatting (In Windows):
1. Right click . .
2. Click Disk Management.
3. Right click on the drive labelled “Not Initialized” and “Unknown”.
4. Select “Initialize Disk”.
5. Set the “Partion Style” to Master Boot Record for drives less then 2TB. Use GUID Partition Table for drives 2TB or larger.
6. Click “OK”.
7. Right-click the “Unallocated space”, and select the “New Simply Value” option.
10. Click “Next”.
11. Click “Next” again.
12. Click “Next” again (the third, esq.).
13. Set the “File system” to NTFS.
14. Set “Value label” to the name you want for Thunder.
15. Check “Perform a quick format”.
16. Uncheck “Enable file and folder compression”.
Formatting (In macOS):
1. Press Command + Spacebar.
2. Type in “Disk Utility.” Press enter.
3. Select the Fledging Shell Media and click Erase.
4. Choose the name for your new Thunder. If you will only use Thunder with Mac, keep the default format. If you want to support Windows, change the format to ExFAT.
CompatibilityPlease note that Shell Thunder only fits Thunderbolt 3 ports. It is not compatible with USB-C or USB 2.0. Our Feather SSD product line is not compatible with Shell Thunder.
Shell Slim setup guide
See instructions below for setting up your Shell Slim Shell Slim setup guide
Thunder Thermal Pad Instructions
Thunder Thermal Pad Instructions Why do I need thermal pad?Thermal pad helps to reduce the temperature on your SSD during operation (by at least 15C, depends on SSD you use) and increase your SSD’s longevity. How to apply it?1. Peel one side of ...
Shell Thunder - Checking Your Firmware
Checking Your Firmware Always check for firmware updates for your SSD! Manufacturers push updates all the time. Samsung SSD users, please make sure you update your firmware before using it in Thunder using the link below. Otherwise your SSD will not ...
SSD & RAM Installation Videos - Mac Pro pre-2008
Mac Pro pre-2008 Memory Install Video OWC's step-by-step video of how to install memory in the Apple Mac Pro pre-2008. Duration: 4:36 Model ID: MacPro1,1 | MacPro2,1 Mac Pro pre-2008 Hard Drive Install Video OWC's step-by-step video of how to ...
Crucial Memory Module Installation Guide